[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Mesh Network Simulator

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 22:14:16 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

For one thing, it surely costs more money to walk around every
mall in the world than it does to slap a splitter on the big AT&T
internet tube in SF.  Still, the more intriguing aspect of mesh
networking is the potential resistance to the internet "kill switch"
idea that keeps coming around-- similar to what BART authorities
actually did back in 2011 with cell service:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219158/SF_Bay_Area_transit_police_cut_mobile_service_to_thwart_protest

-Jonathan