[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Mesh Network Simulator

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Wed Jun 20 23:21:48 UTC 2012

> I am going to proceed with my own discovery as I have a very clear
> idea in my head of how this will work.

Great!  Break a meg :-/ !

Here's the small insight that helped me refine my thinking:

  Sending packets from your node towards the Internet is not the hard part.
  Receiving packets from Internet sites to your node is the hard part.

If the protocol you envision handles the hard part cheaply, not only
will we get a great network, but you'll probably get a PhD or its
equivalent.

	John