[Freedombox-discuss] Need some help on UI - was: What Do You want to use the FreedomBox for?

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:18:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:39:27 +0200, Mathieu Jourdan wrote:
> Hi Nick, hi all,
>
> I modified Plinth to make it closer to what I wish:
> http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserInterface?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=FreedomBox_bootstrap_milk.png
>
> ...The screenshot shows I removed the link to the authentication page
> from the navbar. I replaced it with a more elegant menu, which can be
> used to log in and out, but also to switch to the "admin zone", which
> holds the scary things.

Mathieu, thanks for putting that together.  It's very pretty.  Have you
been in touch with the Visual list at all, recently?  I'm sure they'd be
interested in what you've done with Plinth.

    http://lists.freedomboxfoundation.org/s/arc/visual

Also, you're more than welcome to fork and make those changes in the
Plinth templates:

    https://github.com/jvasile/Plinth

    https://github.com/NickDaly/plinth

> ...Problem is - I was asking help, remember - this admin zone doesn't
> work. Actually, I have no idea of how to replace the existing navbar
> entries by others. Any idea?

Yup, making Plinth *actually do stuff* is one of the beta-release goals.
Probably something else we should tackle at the Hackfest:

    http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hackfests/2

Please add any additional ideas you have to the list.

Nick