[Freedombox-discuss] WiFi

James Valleroy james.valleroy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:37:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Nick Hardiman
<nick at internetmachines.co.uk>wrote:

> I've dug out one of my DreamPlug images - it includes drivers, firmware
> and scripts to set wifi client and server (AP) using Marvell's drivers.
>
> Procedure is manual -
> Edit /etc/network/interfaces to match your wifi network, choose either
> server or client, and reboot.
>
> Drawbacks are - the kernel's 3.0.7, FBX software (FreedomBuddy, etc) is
> not installed.
>
> Are you are happy with that?
>
> Copying the 4GB image from home to my site is going to take a day or two
> due to my terrible upload speed.
>

>  Nick Hardiman
> nick at internetmachines.co.uk
> @intmachines

Forgot to mention -- I also have an older Dreamplug, so I don't think I'll
be able to test out mwifiex. However, please go ahead and post a link or
torrent to the image file. We will probably want to integrate this into
freedom-maker.

Thanks,
James Valleroy