[Freedombox-discuss] WiFi

Sam Hartman hartmans at debian.org
Mon Jun 25 12:56:30 UTC 2012

My recommendation is to blacklist uap8xxx in /etc/modprobe.d. I have not
had huge luck shifting between the two without rebooting.  I've also
been unimpressed with the libertas driver although admittedly I have a
fairly old kernel at this point. In particular, I've had some trouble
setting up tunnels that have a local endpoint of the interface served by
libertas. I get an error with one of the tunnel configuration
ioctls. That really shouldn't be happening, but the only difference
between a configuration that works and one that does not is whether
libertas is used.