[Freedombox-discuss] Without software collusion

Rick Hodgin foxmuldrster at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 19:56:05 UTC 2012

Centrino chipsets now support vPro.  The technology exists to wield out-of-band communication through WiFi ... though I honestly have no idea on the mechanics of how they do it.

Do general purpose (consumer) WiFi routers honor out-of-band communication requests out of the box (without an explicit setup to the contrary)?  I would suggest that if this technology exists to utilize something like vPro, that the manufacturers of those devices are "playing nice" with the reasons why they exist in the first place.  Only a guess though.  I could be completely wrong.

Best Regards,
Rick C. Hodgin