[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0629 Available
Nick M. Daly
nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 02:16:49 UTC 2012
Hi folks, welcome to the fourth weekly FreedomBox test image and
This image is designed to allow anyone to test the current state
of the FreedomBox. However, it's not yet a complete privacy
solution, so you should rely on other, more established, solutions
until we produce a stable release. This is not a stable or
The image is available at:
Tonight's image was produced with:
$ make weekly-card
The image includes several FreedomBox-related projects. The
changes are changes made by project contributors in the last week
that have made it into the test image. The outstanding TODOs are
the changes needed before the beta-release is complete. If you'd
like to contribute in any way, fork and send me a pull request.
Freedom Maker: https://github.com/nickdaly/freedom-maker
- The weekly card is now a make target.
- Build the first run config/setup.
- The setup process generates keys for user.
- Setup generates keys for the box itself.
- Turn DHCP on by default (on first boot).
- Enable Wireless Access Point (WAP) by default.
- Santiago (FreedomBuddy) gained a UI and JSON output.
- Turn DHCP on/off through Plinth
- Select DHCP or Static IP in Plinth
- Integrate basic OpenVPN settings into Plinth
- Integrate Dnsmasq into Plinth
- Point "fbx" and "freedombox" URLs to the Plinth UI
- Integrate FreedomBuddy into Plinth.
- Hook FreedomBuddy into OpenVPN.
- Hook FreedomBuddy into SSH.
FreedomBox Privoxy: https://github.com/nickdaly/freedombox-privoxy
- Privoxy should use the released HTTPS Everywhere regexp.
- Add enabling and disabling Privoxy to the Plinth UI.
PlugServer Setup: https://bitbucket.org/nickdaly/plugserver
- Integrate into Freedom Maker.
With SQLite: https://github.com/nickdaly/withsqlite
No known TODOs, this is complete.
Errata: - The Freedom Maker version on the card doesn't have the
weekly-card changes, because I was testing it by building the
card. I didn't really feel like rebuilding the entire card after
it worked the first time. - Tom Galloway contributed a
FreedomBuddy SSH VPN service that I didn't have time to integrate
into this week's image.
Thanks for your time,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Freedombox-discuss