[Freedombox-discuss] Tools to speed up development on the freedombox

Sean Leonard meanderingcode at riseup.net
Sat Mar 10 15:46:49 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 01:41 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 12-03-08 at 07:58pm, Nick M. Daly wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 00:44:59 +0000, Stefan Cocora
>> <stefan.cocora at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to help speed up development on the freedombox's various
>>> software by using three established open-source tools to create
>>> virtual machines that can be easily distributed, destroyed and
>>> recreated... Let me know if you think this is a helpful idea for the
>>> freedombox project.
>>
>> Stefan, that's wonderful!  Can you either: add that to the wiki or
>> turn it into a set of scripts that can do some of the basic setup
>> steps automatically?
>
> Please also initiate the process of getting those tools into Debian.
> Vagrant is packaged already but the others I believe is not.  So please
> file ITP or RFP bugs for the others - and perhaps get in touch with the
> Debian maintainer of vagrant and see if perhaps she/he/they are
> interested in maintaining those too.
>
> More on ITP/RFP here: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1
>
> More on vagrnat in Debian here: packages.qa.debian.org/vagrant

Hello all,

I am unfamiliar with veewee, but have begun playing recently with the
Vagrant/Puppet tools for web development uses.  I have also been
watching Freedombox with interest, and while I don't have too much time
for diving in to new projects, I would love to help in the testing,
debugging, and configuration.

I will also look into Sefan's request re: getting the tools into Debian.

I look forward to helping this project!

Cheers,
Sean