[Freedombox-discuss] updates to plinth

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Mon Mar 12 19:09:15 UTC 2012

On 12/03/12 19:14, James Vasile wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:12:16 -0500, Sean O'Brien<me at seandiggity.com>  wrote:
>> I just updated Plinth with a close-to-final version of the default theme.
>>
>> Repo: https://github.com/seandiggity/Plinth
>> Screenshot:
>> https://github.com/seandiggity/Plinth/raw/master/themes/default/screenshot.png
>>
>> ...it's only slightly different than the version I sent around in the
>> past.  Comments welcome.
> I like it.
>
> I still feel the top bar is busy/confusing, which isn't your fault.
> It's a tough thing to get right.  What's the difference between apps and
> services?
>
> What do you think about changing "Documentation" to "Help"?  It's shorter.
>
> -J

The top bar isn't "too" busy in my opinion, but unnecessarily busy.
The icons are rather small and they don't really help identifying the
meaning of the content that they present.
I probably would omit them and make use of the extra space that gets
available; maybe size up the font!
Same is true for the secondary menu.

But before we go into detail here too much:
What is actually the content of the first FB release?
Some list of current and planned features are necessary to group/layout
the menus properly. Is something like that maintained?

@Sean: where is the current menu text from?

All in all I like the result of building upon the framework Sean chose
for the theme!