[Freedombox-discuss] What Do You want to use the FreedomBox for?

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:38:12 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-25 at 08:44:07 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 07:27:32PM -0400, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> > Mesh network, dropbox.
> Owncloud would seem a good application -- appropriately contained (virtual jail),
> of course.

For the drop-box part there is also the git-annex_ frontend that
has just been funded via kickstarter_.

I already use git-annex to manage data files on various devices,
both connected and non-connected to the internet, and it
works excellently, so I'm looking forward for the ability
to recommend it to less technical friends.

.. _git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com/
.. _kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joeyh/git-annex-assistant-like-dropbox-but-with-your-own

Advantages include the fact that it is written in haskell instead
of php, and that the author is a debian developer, so git-annex
is already available in debian and the assistant will
probably be quite soon after it's done.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''