[Freedombox-discuss] Hackfest Fodder: FBX as a DropBox Replacement

Pierre Alexandre SCHEMBRI pierre.alexandre.schembri at gmail.com
Sat May 26 13:45:41 UTC 2012

Hi

I have also been looking for such scripts, I tried lsyncd extensively
and I am also trying sparkleshare right now.
- lsyncd is great but it is kind of difficult to integrate after
'playing with it'.
- sparkleshare seems heavy as it is based on git

Then I switched to a python lib for django which add the inotify functionality.
It s based on pyinotify (django-inotifier). This code is easyier to
include to what will be the freedombox.
Some weeks ago, I wrote a django app that will store into a database
any file/folder created/modified/deleted in the watched folder. It
also hash each file with a MD5 sum.
I'll share that if you think it can be interesting, but it will need
some cleanup...

P.A.