[Freedombox-discuss] FW: [Trisquel-users] Alternative freedom friendly solution to Raspberry Pi

bnewbold at robocracy.org bnewbold at robocracy.org
Wed May 30 21:24:55 UTC 2012

As a potential solution to the never-ending recommended/supported hardware
"problem", i'm making some effort to either extend or duplicate the
"semantic wiki" at:

   http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page

to include non-wireless devices, environmental ratings, performance
benchmarks, kernel support version, documentation availability, price,
power consumption, international regulations, etc. This wiki is central,
structured, real-time queryable, and all the data can be exported as XML
for forking/backup.

Hopefully this will reduce background noise of raspberry pi vs. dreamplug
vs. shevaplug vs. arduino vs. beaglebone vs. netbook vs. cray super
computer vs. TI-83 vs. TP-Link whatever vs. ZOMG this thing from gizmodo
flames/threads, and help everybody make informed decisions about which
hardware to support and/or purchase.

-bryan