[Freedombox-discuss] Software as Data, Transformation as a Service

Michiel de Jong michiel at unhosted.org
Thu Nov 1 17:02:55 UTC 2012

Hi! sorry, hadn't noticed this thread before.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Dr. Daniel Alexander Smith
<ds at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am indeed the main developer on WebBox. Since the original e-mail I've looked into the other software, and have started on developing compatibility with RemoteStorage. Specifically I've implemented WebDAV (almost entirely, more than is required by RemoteStorage), and WebFinger. I'm almost there with OAuth2, but some important deadlines have stalled this, but it should be there around mid-October.

oh great! let me know if you need any help. I just finished updating
remotestorage support for ownCloud as well btw:

https://github.com/michielbdejong/apps/tree/unhosted-apps

the way i see it different projects solve different parts of the
puzzle, so everybody who wants to keep up with what's developing
should subscribe to the mailing lists of all the projects Nick
mentioned.

but do let me know if you have any questions about how remotestorage
and/or unhosted web apps interact and relate with freedombox, webbox,
owncloud, gnome, Firefox OS, federated social web, etcetera.

ciao!
Michiel