[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox and Bitcoin (and the petition)

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 18:28:28 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

By your definition of anonymity, why even have a FBX?  You get the same
"certain amount of privacy" by signing up with an ISP who gives you a
dynamic IP address from a pool.  After all, you can request to release your
connection and renew it with a new IP after each web page you view.

You might say the comparison isn't apt, because the ISP is a centralized
entity.  But the ISP is one entity that can spy on you (possibly against the
terms of service)-- with Bitcoin anyone anywhere on the internet can do the
same thing, for very little cost.  It's a 100% lack of privacy, by design.

-Jonathan