[Freedombox-discuss] Keep or Remove the "Anonymous Contribution" Page?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Nov 29 10:35:17 UTC 2012

Quoting Nick M. Daly (2012-11-29 06:16:25)
> Jack Wilborn writes:
>
> > IMHO, I say that if they want to keep copyright to their code, then
> > we probably don't want it in the FB.  My understanding is that we
> > wanted a copyright free box, has this changed or have I
> > misunderstood?
>
> I think you missed something big there.  As far as I know [0], that's
> not a goal at all.  Nobody's even asked me for a contributor
> agreement, much less copyright assignment: we'll cross that bridge
> when we come to it, I suppose.

If "we" are Debian, then we need someone physical and identifiable in
charge of each piece of code, but those can act as proxy for others
keeping anonymous or pseudonymous. Important for Debian is that all code
is freely _licensed_.

If "we" are the FreedomBox Foundation, then it will very much surprise
me if they[0] have different agenda than use Debian for all software
parts of the project.

 - Jonas

[0] I am part of Debian.