[Freedombox-discuss] copy-right/-left of visual logo & identity unclear

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Mon Oct 1 21:53:14 UTC 2012

On 01/10/12 23:27, uniqx wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I would like to repost the fredombox logo to the wiki of a lokal
> freedombox community meetup and could not find any information about the
> license of the freedombox logo/visual identity.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/VisualIdentity
>
> Would be nice if someone can help me out ...

Hi there,

I designed the logo for the freedombox foundation.
I'm not entirely sure about how the foundation decided to treat that
copyright issue.
So I wouldn't treat it as public domain, creative commons or copyleft
for now.

While I'm sure it is ok to use it on your wiki, it seems like we should
find a clear and permanent solution for future requests.

Thanks for asking :)

-robert