[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox OS installable on sheevaplug?

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Sat Oct 13 01:29:59 UTC 2012

> preferred the sheevaplug so I could use an external network adapter to
> change my MAC address before FreedomBox OS starts up. If FreedomBox OS

The MAC address is settable in software.  You don't need to change the
hardware to change your MAC address.  You can set it as the FreedomBox
OS starts up.  You can even set it to a random value if you like.

>From a shell script you can set it with:

  ip link set IFACE address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Replace IFACE with the interface name, like eth0.

	John