[Freedombox-discuss] (no subject)

Wed Oct 24 21:30:20 UTC 2012

Am 24.10.2012 22:20, schrieb Robert Teeter:
> Just for your information - The Raspberry Pi platform has release all
> the graphics source code so that the whole system can be built from
> source.  NO binary blobs necessary.
Well, as far as I know, this isn't entirely true. They have released the
part of the software which runs on the ARM processor but in order for
the raspberry to work you still need the proprietary GPU firmware which
also needed to just boot the linux kernel. So I wouldn't say this isn't
a step forward but the PI is still far away from beeing an entirely free
software plattform.

Helmut