[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.1021 Available

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:39:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM, Nick Hardiman
<nick at internetmachines.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a Debian server on the Internet, with a certificate. I can copy the
> weekly image to there, if that helps.
>
> I don't want to put a weekly image on Amazon S3 because I don't want to pay
> the download fees.
>
> I think I need this.
>
> * create or copy Nick's hard work each week
> * create a bittorrent server
>
> Would this help?

Sure, that would help, but I'm confused about the webseed: are there
no torrent clients serving the files?  My Pi, at least, should be
serving these files: it's a BitTorrent node that serves the weekly
images.  Making the archive available was my ugly hack (when I didn't
realize webseeds existed as a concept) to allow anyone to access the
images and restart the swarm whenever they felt like it.

The other option would be to manually trust my self-signed certificate
after sufficient OOB verification.  Doing that automatically (over
Monkeysphere or what have you) is something that'd be generally useful
for box-to-box communication later on, and should be pursued by anyone
with time and interest.

Nick