[Freedombox-discuss] uap8xxx.ko kernel module

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:59:50 UTC 2012

> On 22 Aug 2012, at 19:44, bnewbold at robocracy.org wrote:
>

>> I've posted the method I used to get my dreamplug (older 8868 WiFi
>>chipset) working as an accesspoint using the libertas_uap/uap8xx
>>kernel module: https://github.com/bnewbold/dreamplug-libertas_uap

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Nick Hardiman
<nick at internetmachines.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it a kind of update on this 2010 post for a guruplug?
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2010/05/msg00081.html

Bryan, if you have bandwidth, could you work on forking this into the
F-M Shiny branch?  This is great work.

>> As noted in the LICENSE file, this is all very dirty and
>> potentially infringant and would make kernel developers moan and
>> pull their hair out, though the libertas_uap files are indicated as
>> GPL.

This worries me though.  I'll test it out, but I don't think I'll
merge it till we have the license stuff figured out.  I'm not good
enough at managing my branches (always forgetting which one I'm on),
and a lot of folks (including me) would be kind of horrified to find
ambiguous code in the core.

Can you source the URLs in the LICENSE file?  Your sentence just kind
of trails off:

    The ./firmware/mrvl/ files were floating around on my DreamPlug
    and probably came from