[Freedombox-discuss] Diaspora becoming a community project

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:45:12 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm leery of doing that, because my initial edit would be to remove all the sections
that require the user to pay a third party in order to make the box "just work".  Mitch
Hedberg had a joke about how people giving out flyers on the street are basically
saying, "Here, _you_ throw this away."  IMO all of those solutions are basically saying
to the user, "Here, _you_ do the work of making this FBX decentralized."

As for "Peer (Friend-to-Friend) Proxying", "Scenario DNS Redirect",
"Scenario Webproxy Redirect": are there extant services that provide the functionality
described in these sections?

-Jonathan