[Freedombox-discuss] Friendica Red

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:43:13 UTC 2012

On 10:09 Tue 18 Sep     , Nick Daly wrote:
> http://friendica.com/node/51
>
> "My name is Mike Macgirvin. I am a software developer.
>
> I'll get to the point.  Help us save the web."
>
> I like his attitude. :)

But he actually has done what is required to save the web and then he
said above line which I actually liked. Here is a link for whole
conversation about Red [1]

He has designed ZOT protocol for same reason which he discarded and
now he is drafting new ZOT2 protocol specs are available in Red and
Friendica's github repository

I think friendica is really good addition to the FBX if FBX
will run PHP softwares

It already freely interacts with FB (support dropped for this) Twitter
identi.ca and many other blogging platforms, email etc. It can even be
used as forum, rss feed reader etc.

I'm already packaging it. I'm trying to get dbconfig and some debconf stuffs
integrated into it so it can be automatically installed on FBX but
I've no experience with debconf stuffs  so bit stuck there[2]

[1] https://macgirvin.com/display/mike/204637
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/friendica.git;a=summary
--
Vasudev Kamath