[Freedombox-discuss] BitMessage

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Apr 1 18:05:25 UTC 2013

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> writes:
>>________________________________

Odd, that  is not to be the way I read their site & PDFs.

In fact, I got the strong impression that one of the primary
justifications for the thing was hiding the identities of those
corresponding, so it is pretty feeble if they've failed to achieve that
feature.

For instance, this table in the FAQ:

  https://bitmessage.org/wiki/FAQ#How_does_BitMessage_compare.3F

makes it pretty obvious that they think it does hide the sender and
recipient.

Perhaps you'll be so kind as to provide references to show that your
interpretation is correct?

Not that I think the merits or otherwise of BitMessage are on topic here
(at least not until it's of a quality that might justify it being packaged).

I'm certainly not going to bother defending it (I only stumbled across
it a few days ago, and have not run it)

I was instead hoping that someone here that was not yet aware of
BitMessage might find the time and motivation to make the thing good
enough for it to be packaged, and then perhaps it could find its way
into FBX if it's a good fit (which it seemed to me that it might have
the potential to be).

Cheers, Phil.