[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox software on i32

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:46:51 UTC 2013

Quiliro Ordóñez writes:

>> Bdale wrote:
>>
>>> I can't speak to the other two, but it would be fairly easy to add ia32
>>> support to freedom-maker.  Doing that has been on my to-do list for a
>>> while, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.  Patches always welcome!
>
> Is there i32 support now?...  If there isn't, What is the proceedure
> to make one?

You could always cheat and run the projects scripts on a newly installed
IA32 Debian Wheezy system.  It wouldn't get you the whole way there, but
it'd probably be far enough to experiment a bit.

: mkdir -p ~/freedombox
: git clone https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker ~/freedombox/freedom-maker
: cd ~/freedombox/freedom-maker
: chmod +x ~/freedombox/freedom-maker/bin/projects
: bash ~/freedombox/freedom-maker/bin/projects ~/freedombox

That should install all the FreedomBox projects into your ~/freedombox
directory.  See each project's README or this link for the code to run
to configure each project:

https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker/blob/shiny/source/etc/init.d/first-run#L72

Hope this helps,
Nick