[Freedombox-discuss] [James Vasile] tinc rollout and fbox

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 04:33:15 UTC 2013

There's been some recent work on Tinc that I'm really excited about.
Also, I just re-discovered an email featuring old work on Tinc that I
completely forgot about.  If you're interested in Tinc, check out
tinc_rollout (github.com/jvasile).  I'm pretty sure this is what the FBX
should use to connect peers.  The only obviously missing piece is
opening firewall ports per subnet.  FreedomBuddy can be used to exchange
Tinc configuration details, and that's PGP-key specific, so we've pretty
much handled the all-important exchange of authentication details.

Poke at it, let me know what you think.

Nick