[Freedombox-discuss] [James Vasile] tinc rollout and fbox

Keith keith at fernie.eu
Sat Aug 10 13:14:55 UTC 2013

Do not use periods in the hostname.
The hostname is being used to create the Name in tinc.conf
However man tinc.conf contains this

      Name = name [required]
              This is the name which identifies this tinc daemon.  It must
be unique for the virtual private network this daemon will connect to.
The Name may only consist of alphanu-
              meric and underscore characters.

              If Name starts with a $, then the contents of the environment
variable that follows will be used.  In that case, invalid characters will
be converted to underscores.  If
              Name is $HOST, but no such environment variable exist, the
hostname will be read using the gethostnname() system call.

Also for a new network from scratch use --add instead of --new.

Still looking at tinc_rollout.

This email was sent using an existing tinc network which includes a self
hosted mail server on a vps.
The ip address of the mail server is 10.9.5.2, now waiting for my copy of
this email back to see what the headers are.