[Freedombox-discuss] [James Vasile] tinc rollout and fbox

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:38:22 UTC 2013

Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> writes:

> i know spanish can be a turnoff but we're working something similar at
> librevpn[0], including scripts to manage nodes, links and host files
> exchange.  i'm in the process of making it installable as a package,
> and we have an ipv6 subnet so you can reach nodes from internet :)

Nicolás, would you be willing to help create hooks between FreedomBuddy [2]
and librevpn?  I have no bandwidth for this in the next two weeks, but
I'd be happy to help explain how all that business goes together.

Basically, we need a small glue script that takes the server's location
From librevpn and calls freedombuddy/src/connectors/cli/controller.py
with service and location arguments tied to a user's PGP key.  This lets
you tie particular keys to specific services at pre-defined locations.
FreedomBuddy will then use whatever protocols you have defined to
exchange that data.

Nick

> [0]: http://librevpn.org.ar
> [1]: https://github.com/fauno/librevpn