[Freedombox-discuss] Lime, propietary privacy box entering the scene

Camilo Arturo conzeit at mailoo.org
Thu Aug 15 20:41:39 UTC 2013

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloud-guys/plug-the-brain-of-your-devices?ref=category
I just wanted to highlight this already way overfunded Kickstarter for
Lime, a device that manages people's data, apparenly overriding the file
systems of any storage they own, with the aim of replacing the Cloud
with a private storage solution, but it's completely propietary.

Honestly, I'm foss enthusiastic mostly because of the morals but I'm not
a coder or even have Devian. I'm an artist and as such in order to be
competitive I often have to go for the propietary solution and this is
looking pretty tempting after a really long backup I just did. I just
wanted to know what your oppinions are on the security level of Lime and
how much of a rival it is for freedombox in the eyes of the normal consumer.