[Freedombox-discuss] How efficient is the freedombox privoxy?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 25 21:38:58 UTC 2013

Hi.  I just tested the privoxy setup in freedombox using the browser
fingerprint service availalbe from
fingerprint appears to be unique among the 3,317,576 tested so far".

I was using Opera as a web browser, which was said to provide at least
12 bits of identifying value, while the most significant part was
HTTP_ACCEPT Headers (I got Javascript mostliy turned off).

This experiment made me wonder exactly what privoxy is providing in
freedombox, and how efficient it is.  Can we adjust something to make
it more efficient?  Perhaps sort HTTP accept headers?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen