[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry PI performance measurements

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Feb 10 16:22:28 UTC 2013

Quoting Rob van der Hoeven (2013-02-10 16:07:17)
> Done some Raspberry Pi performance measurements.
> Read all about it at:
>
> http://freedomboxblog.nl/raspberry-pi-performance/

Cool!

Would be nice if you could avoid promoting the misconception of Raspbian
being a version of Debian - it is no more so than Ubuntu is.  Better to
instead say "This is a Debian derivative that has been optimized...".

Would be quite interesting if your test could be codified as two
scripts: one script to install and configure the Debian (or Raspbian)
packages you are testing against, and one script to run at an external
host to do the actual measurements.

That way others could repeat identical tests for other hardware, e.g...

 * Bdale could test that cool-but-not-generally-available-yet board he
   showed at FOSDEM.
 * Héctor could test Olimex iMX233 board available for some time.
 * I could test Olicom A13 boards available at similar price as RPi.