[Freedombox-discuss] Freedom-maker build questions

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:20:33 UTC 2013

Hi Dennis,

> 	b) In ../freedombox/freedom-maker/multistrap-configs/fbx-armel.conf I
> changed linux-image-3.2.0-3-kirkwood to linux-image-3.2.0-4-kirkwood

When did you last update your repository?  The 3 -> 4 bug was fixed
months ago.

> 	c) started "make weekly-image"  and obtained the following
>
> 	[..]
> 	Reading package lists... Done
>
> 	d) in ../freedombox/freedom-maker/multistrap-configs/fbx-base.conf I
> changed noauth=false to true and it built OK
>
> What did I need to do to not get the "signatures couldn't be verified"
> error? I doubt setting noauth=true is the best thing to do.

I just let it fail and then restarted the build, as that always seems to
work for me.  Never really looked into why.  I assume there's some sort
of timing bug WRT signature validation that causes it to fail once.

> 2.
> 	I placed the SD Card in the DreamPlug and got the following error
> 	[...]
> 	[   18.064603] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs
> on unkn)
>
> Is this where the newer U-Boot version is needed? My DreamPlug has
> U-Boot version 2011.  6(Oct 15, 2011-02:02:08) as from Global Scale
> Technologies.

Yup, that's where we need the new uboot version.  Any pre-0.1 release
should work on the GlobalScale uboot, but anything after needs the newer
uboot.