[Freedombox-discuss] Freedom-maker build questions

dww dworthem at msn.com
Sat Feb 16 19:46:38 UTC 2013

Nick

Thanks for your response.

> When did you last update your repository?  The 3 -> 4 bug was fixed
> months ago.

I obtained from git clone https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker.git
about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

> > What did I need to do to not get the "signatures couldn't be verified"
> > error? I doubt setting noauth=true is the best thing to do.
>
> I just let it fail and then restarted the build, as that always seems to
> work for me.  Never really looked into why.  I assume there's some sort
> of timing bug WRT signature validation that causes it to fail once.

That did not work, I had to set "noauth=true" in fbx-base.conf. I am
using the alpha of gNewSense 3.0 which is based on Debian Squeeze. Does
this problem have something to do with the mix of Squeeze and Wheezy.
Anyway I think this is of interest to fix as many users may not want or
be able to always update to a different version of Debian at least not
in the short therm.

> > Is this where the newer U-Boot version is needed? My DreamPlug has
> > U-Boot version 2011.  6(Oct 15, 2011-02:02:08) as from Global Scale
> > Technologies.
>
> Yup, that's where we need the new uboot version.  Any pre-0.1 release
> should work on the GlobalScale uboot, but anything after needs the newer
> uboot.

I updated U-Boot to 2012-04-01 and did a setenv for the boot args as
directed in the freedom box README file.

But I get an error that it U-Boot cannot find a kernel image ( I show
printenv output first). Any help would be appreciated.

Marvell>> printenv
baudrate=115200
bootargs=console=ttyS0, 115200 root=/dev/sda2 rootdelay=10
bootcmd=${x_bootcmd_usb}; ${x_bootcmd_kernel}; ${x_bootcmd_initrd};
setenv bootargs ${x_bootargs} ${x_bootargs_root}; bootm   0x6400000
0x6900000;
bootdelay=3
ethact=egiga0
filesize=2FDEC
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
x_bootargs=console=ttyS0, 115200
x_bootargs_root=root=/dev/sda2 rootdelay=10
x_bootcmd=root=/dev/sda2 rootdelay=10
x_bootcmd_ethernet=ping 192.168.2.1
x_bootcmd_initrd=fatload usb 2 0x6900000 uInitrd
x_bootcmd_kernel=fatload usb 2 0x6400000 uImage
x_bootcmd_root=root=/dev/sda2 rootdelay=10
x_bootcmd_usb=usb start

Environment size: 652/4092 bytes
Marvell>> boot
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 6 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... Device NOT ready
   Request Sense returned 02 3A 00
2 Storage Device(s) found

** Invalid boot device **

** Invalid boot device **