[Freedombox-discuss] Freedom-maker build questions

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:09:37 UTC 2013

Hi folks, I have to admit, this last email has me really scratching my
head.

dww writes:

> The boot problem was caused by the variables:
>
> 	x_bootcmd_kernel fatload usb 2 0x6400000 uImage
> 	x_bootcmd_initrd fatload usb 2 0x6900000 uInitrd
>
> needed to be
>
> 	x_bootcmd_kernel fatload usb 0 0x6400000 uImage
> 	x_bootcmd_initrd fatload usb 0 0x6900000 uInitrd

Why was that an issue for you?  Those settings are covered in Freedom
Maker's README.  Was the documentation unclear or did you not see it?
In either case, *we should fix the problem* so other people don't spend
time reinventing the wheel.  See the "## Running from a USB Stick"
section of Freedom Maker's README for details: