[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox-discuss Digest, Vol 30, Issue 18

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:38:08 UTC 2013

Peter Rock writes:

> Thanks for your replies and sorry if my questions were not meant for
> this forum. It appears as though this page would be appropriate for my
> situation:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DreamPlugTesting

This mailing list certainly isn't functionally inappropriate for your
questions.  Other folks will find it soon enough, with similar
questions, so we might as well get yours squared away.

I'm talking with another person who's in a similar situation, off list,
and I've asked him if he wouldn't mind CCing the list.

> I got the user guide from here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/dreamplug/downloads/detail?name=DreamPlug-User%20Guide_US_v1.2-Aug-28-2012.pdf&can=2&q=
>
> The rest of the documents are here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/dreamplug/downloads/list

That's the trouble.  You're downloading the DreamPlug specific
documents, which aren't necessarily related to the FreedomBox project.
They're great for exploring the hardware itself, but they shouldn't be
necessary for experimenting with the OS or FBX packages.

The Officialiest documentation I know of may or may not have been
included, if you're having these sorts of troubles:

    http://piratepad.net/jr2Klz2RHb

There's a more readable version of the file at:

    http://www.betweennowhere.net/kickstarter-intro.html

It, too, should probably end up on the wiki at some point.

> Is there an email list you'd recommend I join besides this one?

None I know of.

Hope this helps,
Nick