[Freedombox-discuss] How to create the proper boot partition on a USB or SD card?

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 13:38:22 UTC 2013

There are a few ways round this. I think this way is the simplest because you don't have to tackle connectivity, bootloader upgrade, file system creation or other sysadmin tasks.

* I use Nick's latest FreedomBox image (https://www.betweennowhere.net/tracker/freedombox-unstable.tar.bz2) to create a pre-loaded SD card.
* I test it on a dreamplug with factory-supplied settings. If the tests pass,
* I mail that SD card to you (If I use a micro-SD card with a full size adapter, you can use either the dreamplug's external SD slot or open it up to get at the internal slot).
* we tackle any glitches with your new system

Would that help you? Or would you rather get stuck into the system administration?

Nick Hardiman
nick at internetmachines.co.uk
@intmachines