[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2013.0130 Available

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:17:32 UTC 2013

Nick Hardiman <nick at internetmachines.co.uk> writes:

> I want to install bittorrent on my squeeze server, to help serve up
> FreedomBox images (Virtualbox and SD card images).
>
> Is this a good place to start?
>
> How to setup a transmission bittorrent server under a debian based system
> http://felix-paetow.de/?p=139

Very good.  Only one change:

    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*"

        127.0.0.1 is the machine. Add your ip-address behind it. * is a
        wildcard, so it’s everything.

Don't use 192.168.*.*.  I know it's technically correct, but your local
network is shared (ie., if you offer public wifi), you'll end up
allowing access from more places than you meant to.  Limit it to
192.168.1.*, or similar.

Thanks for wanting to help!
Nick