[Freedombox-discuss] Google Fibre to Ban Freedombox [according to wired]

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:43:58 UTC 2013

I have a new Nexus 7.  I literally can't do anything without signing in
with my Google account.  Which I do not wish to do.

Well, not anything, I can wipe it and install another OS.

It is pretty.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho at gmail.com>wrote:

> The Free Software Foundation is working on a “Freedom Box” — an
> open-source appliance you plug into your router that gives you ways to surf
> the net safely and anonymously; to help dissidents publish to the world;
> and to create open, distributed alternatives to Twitter and Facebook.
>
> That too, by definition, is a server and thus banned by Google Fiber.

> But Google’s legally binding Terms of Service outlaw Google Fiber
> customers from running their own mail server, using a remotely accessible
> media server, SSHing into a home computer from work to retrieve files,
> running a Minecraft server for friends to share, using a Nest thermometer,
> using a nanny camera to watch over a childcare provider or using a
> Raspberry Pi to host a WordPress blog.
>
> [ Read More ]
>
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/07/google-neutrality/

*Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days.
        -- W. C. Fields*