[Freedombox-discuss] "A Massive Surveillance State": Glenn Greenwald Exposes Covert NSA Program Collecting Calls, Emails

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Jun 10 19:14:15 UTC 2013

On 08/06/13 22:29, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 8 June 2013 13:55, Rick <graham.rick at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Yesterday.
>>
>> They have this email.
>>

>> http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/7/a_massive_surveillance_state_glenn_greenwald
>>

> Someone at mozilla directed me to this.
>

> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57588337-38/no-evidence-of-nsas-direct-access-to-tech-companies/
>
> So perhaps there's another side to the story ...

There are only two sides: those who have unlimited power, data and
military force - and everybody else

I've published some blogs about it, particularly about the way that the
data creeps out of the US to countries like Australia where there is no
bill of rights, rendition programs, concentration camps in the desert:

  http://danielpocock.com/rendition-link-to-prism

There is one missing link in the reporting so far: the feedback into
manipulation of the democratic process itself.  George W Bush and dodgy
voting machines are just the tip of the iceberg (and don't forget it was
an iceberg that sunk the titanic)