[Freedombox-discuss] more info on bluetooth and wifi in Dreamplug

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 10:18:09 UTC 2013

On 26/06/2013 04:01, Jack Wilborn wrote:
> Hello, spent a big part of the day looking for information,

information -
I went through a similar learning curve last year. I wrote down
everything I found out in this doc on my wiki.
http://wiki.internetmachines.co.uk/mediawiki/index.php?title=Freedombox
The WIFI parts are scattered through the doc, such as  "Dreamplug WIFI",
"Libertas firmware on old Globalscale OS" and "Marvell modules for
8688". If you find gaping holes in the notes please tell me and I will
try to remember what I did.

firmware -
The bottom line is grab the firmware as Nick said and play with modprobe
and wireless tools. Linux work was being done -
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/libertas - and I had some
success with that, but it was incomplete at the time. There are mailing
list links on that page.

bluetooth -
The same chip does all the radio stuff (both Wifi and Bluetooth) but I
did not try the bluetooth. Kernel module was bt8xxx.ko, if that helps.

> or actually the firmware (fw) for both the Wifi and Bluetooth.  Both of them complain about not
the Global people, but their site didn't seem to have it either, unless
I wanted to digress in OS's.

> I've looked at the DP via 'lspci' and 'lsusb' and don't see either
device although the Bluetooth shows a vendor of 0x2df and a device of
0x199a, can't find anything on them either.

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
>
> Thanks
>
> Jack

- --
Nick Hardiman