[Freedombox-discuss] su or sudo?

Chris Hall bitmonki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:07:22 UTC 2013

"Nick M. Daly" <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> wrote:

>So, Freedom-Maker and its dependent projects disagree on whether su or
>sudo should be used in the built system.  Any opinion?
>
>I don't care one way or another, but su's easier to configure.
>
>Nick

Depends what the purpose is. sudo allows control of the root commands a user can run, and IIRC doesn't necessarily require a password. So can be used to be more secure and (optionally) still be convenient.

For most use cases its probably what I'd choose.

Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.