[Freedombox-discuss] Censorship that we can agree on

FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net FreedomBox-Discuss.NeoPhyte_Rep at OrdinaryAmerican.net
Mon Mar 25 15:10:33 UTC 2013

Robert,

Please contemplate these words and come to a full understanding of
what you and I are capable:

    Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    Where there is injury, pardon;
    Where there is doubt, faith;
    Where there is despair, hope;
    Where there is darkness, light;
    Where there is sadness, joy.

    O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love.
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

    Amen.

This is known as the Prayer of Saint Francis (translated to English,
of course).  For some time, it has been my guide in what I do to make
a better world through the creation of tools that do not, in
themselves, have morality, but are available to those who would create
a better world.  I understand that means the tools are available to
those who have purposes I abhor, but to not create them, or to disrupt
their use, means those I support would not have them either.

Achieve the possible; don't waste your precious time and talent on the
impossible.