[Freedombox-discuss] Debian Wheezy, and LXC

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Fri May 10 12:24:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 11:06 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Quoting Rob van der Hoeven (2013-05-10 10:03:40)
> > >
> > > [details of breakage snipped]
> > >
> > > You make it clear that in your opinion LXC is ideal for FreedomBox,
> > > but you also make it clear that it is not currently working.  Please
> > > then _invite_ others on this list over to that relevant bugreport to
> > > work further on solving those details.
> > >
> > > So please, folks interested in getting LXC into shape, please read
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/680469 and consider post updates to
> > > 680469 at bugs.debian.org .
> > >

> > Why do you think this will work?

> Please don't inject interpretation into questions like that - it is not
> nice: I did not promise solution, only recommended against inflation.

The question is related to the history of the bug. I wrongly assumed
that you had read the history and was wondering why you thought that
posting updates to the bug report would help.

> Bugs related to a single package is best discussed in a bugreport
> against that package.  Because it is most efficient for people
> interested and/or knowledgeable in some package to gather together.

I fully agree..

> This mailinglist is for discussing FreedomBox.  Makes good sense to
> discuss here when a package needs a customization specific for
> FreedomBox, but not to discuss details of each and every package used in
> FreedomBox.

If someone thinks his/her FreedomBox implementation needs a package and
that package does not work, we should know about it, and if we can help
- we should offer help. We should especially welcome questions of anyone
who is actually building (or has) a home server, there are too few of
them on the list.

> Oh, seems it is not really the bug you want to discuss, but the related
> social issue of "package maintainer treats the bug wrongfully!".
>
> General logic is that each person or team each maintaining a package
> knows best how to handle that package, which implies having final say in
> bugreports.  If dissatisfied with treatment of a bugreport, next step is
> the technical committee: http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte

The technical committee seems the way to go.

> Hope that helps,

It does, thanks.
Rob.

http://freedomboxblog.nl