[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Nov 26 16:04:08 UTC 2013

Quoting Anders Jackson (2013-11-26 15:56:02)
> Den 26 nov 2013 11:53 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <dr at jones.dk>:
>> Quoting Anders Jackson (2013-11-26 11:09:51)

[snip]
>> A bugreport against the Debian package helps track the issue for the
>> Debian community at large (not only the package maintainers).  Such
>> bugreport would be the better place than here to discuss the issue!
>
> Yes,  agree fully with this, but there are two things discussed here,
> I believe. First how database currently not set up by owncloud
> properly and secondly how to select which database to use by owncloud.

Yes, we are talking about two issues here.  That's why I twice - once
quoted above and once quoted below - suggested to report to the Debian
bug tracking system.

> If this about how to set up the database user and database I don't
> know, have not checked the bug database. I just have installed and
> tried the software and read the documentation for the package.

You don't need to know how to solve an issue in order to report it.

[snip]

>>> Why?
[snip]
[snip]
> This isn't a bug, as I see it.

Ah, so you _don't_ agree.  Fair enough.  Easier if you then don't
continue (that part of) the conversation (I misunderstood your
standpoint because you did).

[snip]
> I think all is said about this.

Fair enough.  I disagree with you, but (as mentioned earlier) don't use
owncloud so won't file such bugreports myself. Perhaps others on this
list are fine using owncloud and see a point in tracking these issues in
the Debian bugtracker.