[Freedombox-discuss] Drop hostname setting from plinth?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Oct 1 19:40:52 UTC 2013

Hi.

It occured to me while working on the plinth web interface, that I do
not really understand why we ask the user to update the local hostname
on the freedombox installation.  The name isn't used for anything, and
is unlikely to match a public DNS name for the host, making the name
close to useless.

Perhaps we should just reduce the congnitive strain in plinth a bit
and remove that option from the firstboot and system menu?  Anyone
remember why that code is present in plinth?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen