[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Oct 10 11:06:14 UTC 2013

[Eugen Leitl]
> A successor the the very popular PCEngines ALIX
> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm system
> is in the works: http://www.pcengines.ch/apu.htm
>
> That would seem to be another potential hardware target.

The point I am trying to make is that we should focus on hardware
available already with a lot of users.  The fact that there is other
hardware around (or soon to be available) that is nicher and more
powerful and less dependend on non-free binary blobs is beside the
point.  We do not attract many potential developers by announcing
support for some hardware almost no-one have at home already. :)

I belive we need to focus on making the Freedombox useful for some set
of users first, and then try to make it more secure and harder to
track.  Having your data in your own home provide legal protection
that is easier to gain than the technical protection provided by
access to the source and strong encryption. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen