[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Oct 10 13:28:46 UTC 2013

[Anders Jackson]
> But do we need to even talk hardware this much?  If done right, as
> long we have Debian running on a machine should we be able to run
> Freedombox on it.  And Rasbian should be enough Debian to run
> Freedombox, without (large) software problems.

I bring it up because I have experienced that the focus on the
Dreamplug have kept otherwise skilled people from seing the point of
contributing to the project.  I thus believe adding another reference
platform will make it easier to show the world that the Freedombox
project is not about creating a software solution for a hardware
platform almost no-one own, but about creating a generic software
solution.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen