[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

Guus Sliepen guus at debian.org
Wed Oct 16 08:17:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 09:04:59AM +0200, Petter Ericson wrote:

> On 16 October, 2013 - Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>
> > In the six days since I set up the poll on
> > added.  14 (74%) have a Raspberry Pi available, while 7 (37%) have a
> > Dreamplug available.  Only 19 entries make me suspsect not many people
> > are reading this list regularly. :)
>
> Alternatively, not many people saw fit to respond to the poll.

A more likely explaination is that only 20 people (according to the current
status of the Doodle) have either a Pi or a Dreamplug. Since the poll is only
about Raspberry Pies and Dreamplugs, you should assume only people with an
interest in those devices will contribute to the poll. Otherwise one might
conclude that 87% of the people on the list have a Pi or a Dreamplug, and
although these are popular devices, I think that is very optimistic.

Given that this is a list about a device that is supposed to reduce our
reliance on commercial cloud services, I also wonder why the poll is being done
using Doodle.

http://alternativeto.net/software/doodle/?license=opensource

     Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org>