[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

versparis versparis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:06:09 UTC 2013

On 10/16/2013 06:33 AM, Anders Andersson wrote:
> The page where the poll was supposed to be was impossible to get on. I have Raspberry Pi available.
>
> On Oct 16, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>
>> In the six days since I set up the poll on
>> added.  14 (74%) have a Raspberry Pi available, while 7 (37%) have a
>> Dreamplug available.  Only 19 entries make me suspsect not many people
>> are reading this list regularly. :)
>>
>> --
>> Happy hacking
>> Petter Reinholdtsen

-Or, possibly, many on this list not only are infrequent visitors, but
are getting overwhelmed by the volume, much of it not in their area of
specialty.  Isn't it about time for the FrBx zygote to start
differentiating cells?  I cannot help with programing, for instance.
-But reading this list includes wading through discussions on
programming.  My FrBx folder has over 4000 messages in it.  And I could
index and search all of that how?  It is only luck that I happened to
check the list today, and see this thread about the poll.  I also agree
with Guus Sliepen, that hosting that poll on a commercial cloud might
have scared some folks off.  We have among us, many "rational
paranoids", who do not wish to leave easy-to-collect traces everywhere.

Seriously, some organization of this project's communications would
really help.  There is no "anchor", no home page where something like a
poll could be announced.  If this were set up like a website, or even
like a sectioned forum, a poll could be consistently displayed for the
duration, assuring that more of the list would at least know it was there.

No Shiva plug or Raspberry Pi here, BTW.  But I plan to get the latter
in the near future.