[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox CA

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Sep 12 10:05:41 UTC 2013

Quoting Keith (2013-09-12 12:43:28)
> Anyone for setting up a Freedombox CA?
> This could be added to the freedombox as a trusted CA and usable for
> freedombox to freedombox TLS only.

Please update subject field to reflect when, well, changing subject.

It could, if it is deemed sensible to trust an external entity separate
from other external entities with a lot more eyeballs on them.

Or, if your idea is that "we" run the CA, I am curious how "we" as a
non-hierarchical body deal with such a hierarchical structure as a CA.

Personally I would prefer this sliding scale:

  common CAs -> CAcert.org -> no CAs

I.e. I see no need for creating a new CA.  But am open to (at least try
to) understand the reasoning behind your idea. :-)