[Freedombox-discuss] What is Freedombox? (Was: CAs and cipher suites for cautious servers like FreedomBox)

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Sat Sep 14 07:33:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on this.  When you use an open wifi
network, do you mean that you make your wifi open and available or that you
use a wifi that is within range of where you happen to be? The reason I ask
is that I am looking into making my own wifi here open but don't yet know
how to secure a network and everything that goes with that. Not a big fan of
wireless in general as it seems too potentially intrusive, for example the
utility company here stuck on a wireless smart meter on the side of the
house without asking me.  Anyway it never occurred to me that open wifi
might be a way to help people obtain privacy so I am looking into that.